CITY OF WILLIAMSPORT
JOB TITLE: Summer Day Camp Counselor
REPORTS TO: Camp Program Manager and Recreation Director.
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Camp Program Manager, the Summer Camp Counselor will be responsible for managing a group of children ranging from ages 6-13 for the City of Williamsport Summer Camps. A Counselor is responsible for the supervision of campers, promoting and actively participating in all camp activities, providing a safe and fun learning environment, and serving as a positive role model for campers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Supervise all campers and camp activities.
• Promote and actively participate in all camper activities and projects.
• Ensure all camp rules, regulations and policies are being followed.
• Identify and respond to behavior issues of campers.
• Communicate with parents about their child’s experiences and inform them of any concerns.
• Attend in-service staff trainings and meetings.
• Maintain a high standard of health and safety in all activities for campers and staff
• Set a positive example for campers and others including cleanliness, punctuality, sharing, clean-up, and sportsmanship.
• Other duties may be assigned as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRMENTS:
• Must be at least 16 years of age
• Required clearances:
o Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check
o Pennsylvania Child Abuse History
• Ability to obtain CPR/ First Aid Certification (camp will provide an opportunity for primary or recertification during training week)
• Ability to exhibit characteristics of: adaptability, leadership, responsibility, patience, dependability, integrity, and display a positive attitude every day.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both one-on-one and group settings.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
• Must be able to work entire season (June through August).
• Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
• Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
• Past experience of working with public preferred.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, kneel; reach above shoulder level and twist body periodically throughout the day.
• Must be able to frequently walk, nm or stand.
• Must possess sight and hearing senses.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to achieve essential functions of the position.
• Must adhere to dress code requirements at all times.
• Work is performed in a field environment; may be exposed to adverse environmental conditions, including inclement weather, extreme temperatures, noise, and other conditions while performing the functions of this position.
• Ability to tolerate moderate to loud noise levels.
• Ability to work irregular scheduled hours.
• Subject to irregular work schedule.
• Subject to random drug testing.
How to Apply: Those individuals who are ready for the challenge of serving the City in this capacity are encouraged to submit a Recreation Department application (found on City website) to email@example.com. Deadline to apply, Monday, March 23, 2021, 4:00 p.m.
The City of Williamsport is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Derek Slaughter, Mayor