This event has ended
February 18, 2021
Notice is hereby given that the City of Williamsport, PA (City) is currently preparing its FY 2021 Consolidated Annual Action Plan. The City will receive FY 2021 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds and HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and will conduct a public hearing on the use of these funds for FY 2021. In accordance with the Final Rule for consolidation of the CDBG and HOME Programs, 24 CFR Part 91, et. al., the City will prepare an Annual Plan, which will be submitted to HUD on or before April 23, 2021.
In accordance with the City’s Citizen Participation Plan, the City will hold a community development and housing needs hearing on February 18th at 11:00 AM EST; the meeting will be virtual due to the pandemic. It can be accessed via the following link:
Comments from the Public: Members of the public can comment on FY 2021 Consolidated Annual Action Plan during the virtual public hearing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email messages will be read into the record by the Director of Community Development (or their designee). Please review the policy below pertaining to the acceptance of emailed messages.
Policy for Public Comment During Remote Meetings:
- Public comments will only be accepted as emailed messages sent to email@example.com
- Emailed messages should be limited to 300 words – in keeping with the 3 minute rule for public speaking.
- Emailed messages should be addressed to the “Director of Community Development” and should be related to the business of the City.
- The message should list the full name and address of the individual submitting the message.
- Messages will only be queued to be read into the record if sent between 10:30 AM EST – 11:30 AM EST on the day of the public hearing as received by the City of Williamsport mail server. Message received outside of this time will not be read into the record and will be deleted.
- Each member of the public is limited to one message per public hearing, the first message received during the set times listed above will be the message that is read into the record.
- The sender of the public comment message will receive an automatic reply from “Public Comment” with the following in the body of the message “Thank you for submitting your public comment message, the message has been received.” If the sender does not receive this automatic reply, their message has not been received by the mail server.
- The City of Williamsport employs various technologies to secure its network, and cannot guarantee that an email message will not be blocked by our spam filter or other security technology. If the sender does not receive an automatic reply, the message may have been blocked and not delivered by the mail server. Should the public have a concern that their email message may be blocked, the City encourages members of the public to submit a test message prior to the meeting to check if an automatic reply is received. If an automatic reply is not received, the public should contact the City of Williamsport, Director of Community Development.
Failure to comply with the above-outlined rules shall deem the message non-compliant and will not be read into the record.
Persons requiring special accommodations can make arrangements by contacting the City of Williamsport, Director of Community Development, 245 West Fourth Street, Williamsport, PA 17701 or by phone at (570) 327-7577.