This event has ended
April 20, 2021
In accordance with the federal regulations at 24 CFR, Part 91, the City of Williamsport has prepared the Action Plan for FY 2021. These documents are a requirement for direct assistance under certain HUD funding programs, including the Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG) and HOME Program. The Action Plan covers a one-year period beginning January 1, 2021 through December 21, 2021.
A public hearing on the draft Annual Action Plan for 2021 is scheduled to be held on April 20, 2021 at 10:00 AM to solicit citizen comments.
It can be accessed via the following link:
Comments from the Public: Members of the public can comment on FY 2021 Consolidated Annual Action Plan during the virtual public hearing by sending an email to email@example.com, email messages will be read into the record by the Director of Community Development (or their designee). Please review the policy below pertaining to the acceptance of emailed messages.
Policy for Public Comment During Remote Meetings:
- Public comments will only be accepted as emailed messages sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emailed messages should be limited to 300 words – in keeping with the 3 minute rule for public speaking.
- Emailed messages should be addressed to the “Director of Community Development” and should be related to the business of the City.
- The message should list the full name and address of the individual submitting the message.
- Messages will only be queued to be read into the record if sent between 9:30 AM EDT – 10:30 AM EDT on the day of the public hearing as received by the City of Williamsport mail server. Message received outside of this time will not be read into the record and will be deleted.
- Each member of the public is limited to one message per public hearing, the first message received during the set times listed above will be the message that is read into the record.
- The sender of the public comment message will receive an automatic reply from “Public Comment” with the following in the body of the message “Thank you for submitting your public comment message, the message has been received.” If the sender does not receive this automatic reply, their message has not been received by the mail server.
- The City of Williamsport employs various technologies to secure its network, and cannot guarantee that an email message will not be blocked by our spam filter or other security technology. If the sender does not receive an automatic reply, the message may have been blocked and not delivered by the mail server. Should the public have a concern that their email message may be blocked, the City encourages members of the public to submit a test message prior to the meeting to check if an automatic reply is received. If an automatic reply is not received, the public should contact the City of Williamsport, Director of Community Development.
Failure to comply with the above-outlined rules shall deem the message non-compliant and will not be read into the record.
Persons requiring special accommodations can make arrangements by contacting the City of Williamsport, Director of Community Development, 245 West Fourth Street, Williamsport, PA 17701 or by phone at (570) 327-7577.