You Can Become a Home Owner.
The City offers two homebuyer assistance programs to help income eligible households become owner occupants of single family housing in the City of Williamsport.
Home Buyer Assistance GAP Financing Program I - With Federal Community Development Block Grant and HOME funds, the City of Williamsport assists income eligible households purchase an existing City home. A maximum of 20% of the purchase price is available as a 0% interest, deferred repayment loan. The following guidelines must be met.
- The home must be located in the City of Williamsport Corporate limits.
- The home must be a single family unit.
- The home must pass a city occupancy inspection.
- The applicant must obtain the maximum private funding available (at least 80% of the purchase price) from private financing sources such as banks, credit unions... (Obtaining pre approval of a first mortgage is strongly recommended)
- The applicant must contribute at least 4% of the purchase price in to the project. City funding may not exceed 20% of the purchase price.
- Standard banking and credit inquiries are done as part of the City application process. Credit status and income are verified and are an important consideration.
- City funds are available as a 0% interest, deferred repayment loan!
- The property must become the primary residence of the buyer and remain the buyers primary residence for the loan term.
Applications may be submitted by contacting the Community Development Office at 327-7511 or submitting information using the form below.
Credit status and household income are verified and are important considerations.All applicants must meet HUD income requirements.
Home Buyer Assistance PROGRAM II
Buyers wanting to purchase a newly constructed home in West End Terrace must invest $2,500 of their personal funds into the sale, must acquire sufficient first mortgage financing and attend Credit Counseling or Homebuyer Training.
This City program offers up to $55,000 in second mortgage financing as a 0% interest, 30 year deferred repayment loan. The loan is due any time the home is no longer the buyer’s primary residence, or if the buyer commits any instance of default, or at the end of 30 years. The original buyer must occupy the unit as their primary residence until city mortgage lien is satisfied. The City mortgage is not assumable by a new buyer. To speak to the Developer of these homes, call 570-649-5701 or contact Community Development for information
To add your name to our Home Buyer Assistance waiting list complete the form below or contact the Community Development Office at 570-327-7511.
(If you are submitting your name on-line please note in the comment section that you are interested in the Homebuyer Program and if you have a property you are interested in purchasing. )
Home Buyer Assistance
Please fill out the form below for home buyer assistance. Someone will be with you shortly. Thank You.
City of Williamsport